Thursday, August 19, 2010

Craft Accomplished and Cherry Bread!

After my rant last night.. I got to work!  I finally finished the superhero mirror, the cape had been throwing me for a loop for atleast a week.  I sewed it all up and reattached all of the remade pieces and he looks like a new man!

I finished the Owliver picture with a little help from my Cricut.  The letters and colors just didn't seem to fit together somehow.. so I reworked it.  Now he looks ready to reach for the stars.

Lastly I finished my Williamesque cowboy.  I found the missing bubble gun which I needed to make a template.  I made him a hat, bubble gun and of course the obligatory bandana.  Stick 'em up!

So now that I have bored you with my crafting adventures.. here is a something a little yummy!
I woke up this morning at 3am.  Yes.. I know I know.. it is an awful hour to get up but for me it is completely Normal!  Have I mentioned I have insomnia?  Anyway, I woke up and had the urge to bake something yummy for the kids as a surprise.  So I checked the fridge and found some cherries that were just about to expire.  So I whipped up a quick cherry bread. 

Here's the recipe!


Ingredients:
3 cups flour
1 1/2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
1 1/2 cups sugar
1 cup canola oil
3 eggs
1 1/2 tsp vanilla
2 cups chopped cherries
Zest of 1 small orange (clementine)
walnuts (optional)
dash of flax (optional)


Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Grease and flour two loaf pans.  Mix flour, baking soda, baking power (and flax if using) in a bowl.  Set aside.  In mixer combine sugar and oil.  Add in eggs one at a time until combined.  Add vanilla and orange zest.  Add dry ingredients to wet.  Fold in cherries and walnuts.  Bake for 1 hour or until knife comes out clean.

We like to enjoy ours with a spread of cream cheese and a big glass of COLD milk!

Enjoy!

Love,
Pinkapotamus!

Enhanced by Zemanta

8 comments:

  1. The cowboy mirror is very william.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH MY! I love all three of those projects... the superhero mirror is my fav!

    Thanks for linking with What are little boys made of?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for sharing all of these goodies. The mirror is so cute. Please don't forget to add my button somewhere, thanks :).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yummm and how fun!!! I'm happy to be your newest follower of your delightful blog and I'd love to have you as a friend at Frou Frou Decor!! I'm also having a Fabulous link party/giveaway today!! Hope you stop by!!
    Hugs,
    ~Terrell @ Frou Frou Decor~

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for linking up to the party!! These ideas just make me smile! Have yourself a wonderful weekend, girly!
    ~Terrell @ FFD~

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cute - and yummmmmm. Lucky kiddos get to benefit from your insomnia! I get up early....but not quite that early! 4:45 for me - I would be a GREAT BIG BEAR if I got up that early girl!

    Hugs,

    Kristi
    Punkin Seed Productions

    ReplyDelete
  7. That cherry bread looks so yummy!! I am gonna have to try it!! Thanks for sharing this recipe!!

    ReplyDelete