Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Stashbusting Inspiration #2.. Pink Tulle Skirt

So I am still trying to get you guys to join Stashbusting September.. so here is yet another project for inspiration.. My Pink Tulle Skirt as modeled by my gorgeous girl!
And of course here is a quick tutorial on how I made it!
Ingredients
Fabric
Tulle
Elastic
Cutting Mat
Rotary tool
Sewing machine
Pins
Thread

Start by cutting your fabric to the desired size and pin your elastic into place.  (I know you are supposed to sew the space and THEN put in the elastic.. but this works better for ME!)

Then sew!

Next add your layer of tulle to the bottom.  I ironed my bottom seam and then pinned the tulle to the top and sewed it all at once.

Do this as many times as you want until you get the desired effect!

Last pin the right sides together and sew your back seam.   And now you have a skirt!

Find your favorite model and try it on!

Whooo Stash..  Busted!
And don't forget you can sign up HERE
I am sharing with
Strictly Homemade Tuesday








Love,
Pinkapotamus

3 comments:

  1. Cute post- I like the layered tulle look. I am stopping by from Not Just a Housewife and I am a new follower- You should check out my page!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She looks like a pink mermaid in the last photo! Cute Cute Cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am in and buttoned up on my sidebar! This will be so good for me since I have my first craft show in Sept. and have to bust that stash of craft I bought to make fab things for this event!

    ReplyDelete