Thursday, March 8, 2012

Whatever the Pantry Holds Granola

I Love, LOve LOVE granola.. but what I don't love is the price tag.. Seriously I find it offensive that a box of granola is like $4 bucks.. uggh.  But really I eat it on EVERYTHING, yogurt, ice cream, with milk, without it as a hand snack, with fruit, as a smoothie topping... well, you get the point!
So here is my cheap, quick version with things that are almost ALWAYS available in my pantry!

Ingredients
1/2 cup vegetable oil
2 tablespoons butter
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup molasses
1/4 cup honey
1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla

2 cups oats
1 cup of Cherrios
1 cup of Rice Krispies
1 cup of Rice check
1 cup walnuts
1/2 cup cranberries
(optional) 1/2 cup chocolate chips
Combine oil, butter, brown sugar, molasses, honey and vanilla in a small pot.  Bring to a boil then set aside.
In a large bowl combine oats, all cereals, walnut and cranberries.
  Top with syrup and mix.
Then place on a parchment lined baking sheet and bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes.
Once done, toss in the chocolate chips.. then ENJOY ... on everything or straight out of the bowl!
I am sharing with
A Glimpse Inside

button
Katie's Nesting Spot
Beyond The Picket Fence



Love,
A very happy, granola munching Pinkapotamus
Enhanced by Zemanta

1 comment:

  1. This looks delicious! And definitely something my two boys would eat :) Thanks so much for sharing at Mom On Timeout!

    ReplyDelete